A few questions about the submission

Hello, here’s a few questions before I submit my proposal:

1. How important is the team part of this? I am submitting an idea before I’ve assembled the team, but I’m sure I’ll find the right people if the funding comes through, as I’ve talked about this before with folks who are interested in participating.

2. If the idea is solid but the $$ ask is too high will the grant folks come back with a lower amount?

3. I see you’ve funded some projects already, is the amount of the grant public?

Thanks everyone.

Hi Jay, thanks for the questions. Thoughts below.

1. How important is the team part of this? I am submitting an idea before I’ve assembled the team, but I’m sure I’ll find the right people if the funding comes through, as I’ve talked about this before with folks who are interested in participating. The important part is that you describe the roles on the team, it is less important that you have names for those roles. The budget should also list those roles and their approximate costs.

2. If the idea is solid but the $$ ask is too high will the grant folks come back with a lower amount? Yes the Program Team and our judges reserve the right to approve but at a lower cost. The potential grantee would have the right to refuse that if it is deemed to low.

3. I see you’ve funded some projects already, is the amount of the grant public? We don’t always announce the amount but they aren’t secret. The award on the Ambassadors is $15k USD. While the others range between $50K to $130K USD.

Hope that helps. Also we have real time sessions coming up, more here: https://www.grantfortheweb.org/post/announcing-first-public-call-for-proposals

1 Like

Great, thank you for the answers, Chris. I look forward to submitting.