Grant Timeline & Flexible Plans

Hey everybody!

What’s the timeline for when the 6 month period would begin? Should we expect to be finished with our proposal 6 months from the time it’s approved or could we get some kind of runway? Im thinking for Ballet Rising about a little lead in time to confirm plans, test equipment, and give covid19 a little more time to clear up before I get started.

Im also wondering if all of the material will need to be uploaded onto Cinnamon and monetised by the end of those 6 months or could that 6 months cover just the time it takes to do the filming?

Also, is there any possibility of including other options into the proposal if travel continues to be difficult? For example, if I propose to film in 10 countries but can’t in the end because of reoccurring covid19 outbreaks, could I go with plan B and film in fewer countries but do more Zoom interviews and use the money to develop my website or my business further?

Thanks so much!

1 Like

Hi @Casey_H We are flexible on when your project can begin - building in some runway time is perfectly acceptable. If some of this planning work is happening now, feel free to add a row in your Grantee Timeline indicating pre-grant activities.

We are looking to fund monetization experiments around content, so I would recommend you scope your project to include the monetization work. A proposal for straight up content creation without any monetization elements included in the timeline would be unlikely to be funded.

We recognize the planning difficulties posed by COVID19. If travel will be a critical part of your project I would outline contingencies in case restrictions remain in place.

3 Likes

Great! Thank you so much!

1 Like