How to Get Involved as a Developer

Hey, I just finished reading your website from top to bottom after discovering it in an article. Unfortunately there’s not a lot of information on your website. Hence I’m still somewhat unsure how, as a developer, I can get involved? Are there details anywhere? Can you guys provide specific examples of the types of web applications you are looking for? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Anthony

Hi Anthony,

We’ll have much more information in the coming months. Watch for an open call for proposals to launch in early 2020. At that time, we’ll share more about the types of projects we’re (initially) looking to fund. The best ways to learn about program news and updates are to stay involved in this forum, and sign up for the email newsletter.

Cheers,
Erika

2 Likes

I’ve already subscribed to the newsletter. I’m hoping you can provide at least a few more details so I can start working or at least start brainstorming before then?

1 Like

Hi Anthony,

We’re working on building out the program with input from the global web community. This takes time, as there are many elements to consider to ensure the grant is accessible, inclusive, and funds a wide diversity of projects and recipients.

If you live in, or can travel to, the UK and would like to be a part of that conversation, we’ll be hosting a collaborative workshop at MozFest.

I’d also encourage developers to watch the topics in the collaboration thread - many people are looking for dev help on existing projects.

We’ll be posting more details as soon as we have them.

Erika

1 Like

But the grant’s based on a new Web Payments API or something?

The Web Monetization API. You can learn more on this thread: Web Monetization API

Happy to help you, can I learn a little more about what/how you might want to contribute? Happy to help see what is/could be available in this early phase.

1 Like

Well, I was hoping to perhaps get a grant to develop something or at the very least start brainstorming now, but I have no idea where to start. Any help would be appreciated.

The program is only a little over a week old and we have made no formal calls for proposals or highlighted ways to make financial awards have been announced. These will roll -out starting in the next 6 months and over the next five years. In the meantime if you have more specific questions or want to share where you are concerned past that I am happy to try to assist you.

1 Like