MozFest 2019

Grant for the Web will be at MozFest 2019 in London from October 21-27.

3 Likes

@erika MozFest looks great! Will Grant for the Web be there every day? It’s looking like I might only be able to make the weekend dates.

1 Like

Yes, we’ll be at Ravensbourne all weekend. Wouldn’t miss it for the world! We’ll also be at MozFest House, located in the RSA, on Wednesday, October 23.

Looking forward to meeting GFTW there!

1 Like

Here’s a bit more information about the workshop we’re hosting at MozFest House on Wednesday, October 23 from 1pm-5pm.

Designing Grant for the Web: Help us shape a healthier web monetization ecosystem

We seek to convene creators, publishers, fans, and supporters — people interested in shaping this emerging ecosystem and generating opportunities through this grant.

During this workshop, you will work alongside the Program Team to chart a course for Grant for the Web. Activities may include developing an initial ecosystem map, identifying priority communities, strategizing how we might ensure a diversity of people and projects, and refining our call for proposals approach and language. This will be an active, participatory workshop and we look forward to the input of everyone present.

If you are interested in attending, register here. Once registered, you will be invited to help shape the agenda and plan.

Please share this with friends and colleagues in London who may be interested.

3 Likes

Yes Ash, we will be there all week! Should be easy to find us. But when you know your details let us know and we will tell you where you can find us. We will also be updating this thread.

:trumpet: Here’s a list of all our scheduled activities at MozFest! :trumpet:

Designing Grant for the Web: Help us shape a healthier web monetization ecosystem

An interactive community workshop to chart a course for the grant program.

Wednesday 23 October from 13:00 - 17:00 at MozFest House, located in the RSA (8 John Adam St, London WC2N 6EZ). Free. Registration required. Wheelchair accessible venue.

Grant for the Web Happy Hour

Join open web enthusiasts for a drink and conversation. (Non-alcohol beverages will also be served.)

Wednesday 23 October from 17:00 - 18:00 at MozFest House, located in the RSA (8 John Adam St, London WC2N 6EZ). Free. Wheelchair accessible venue.

Indie Games Arcade at the MozFest Science Fair

Come play indie games monetized in the browser, chat with game designers, and learn more about Grant for the Web!

Friday 25 October 18:00 - 22:00 at MozFest House, located in the RSA (8 John Adam St, London WC2N 6EZ). Tickets £10 available here

Grant for the Web Session at MozFest

We’ll share a brief overview of the Grant for the Web program and the open monetization ecosystem, and have a Q&A with some early-adopter content creators.

Saturday 26 October 15:15 - 16:15 at Ravensbourne (6 Penrose Way, Greenwich Peninsula, SE10 0EW). Weekend tickets £45 for adults, £3 for youth available here (individual day tickets also available). Wheelchair accessible venue.

See this session in the MozFest schedule

Indie Games Arcade at MozFest

Come play indie games monetized in the browser, chat with game designers, and learn more about Grant for the Web!

All day Saturday and Sunday at Ravensbourne (6 Penrose Way, Greenwich Peninsula, SE10 0EW). Weekend tickets £45 for adults, £3 for youth available here. Individual day tickets also available. Wheelchair accessible venue.

See this activity in the MozFest schedule

2 Likes

Taken from my Coil Blog, found here: https://coil.com/p/JamielLaurence/GRANT-FOR-THE-WEB-MOZFEST-2019/u_DKvY0Zx

GRANT FOR THE WEB @ MOZFEST

This year, I attended my first Grant For The Web Forum at Mozfest House, hosted by the RSA London on 23rd October 2019.

The gathering was aimed at helping the GFTW team establish ideas towards their first RFP (Request for Proposals) which will launch in January 2020.

As a Dancer, Choreographer and Filmmaker, I used the opportunity to raise awareness around my idea for the world’s first Dedicated Dance Platform ; an idea for which I have been repeatedly blogging and posting about across Coil and the GFTW ‘IDEAS’ section of their forum.

Moving the conversation from online to in-person, it was my first time speaking in front of a non-dance audience made up of engineers, technologists, socio-economic experts, writers entrepreneurs and more, about my idea for the ‘Netflix for dance!’

It was also a great way to meet GFTW team members such as Chris Lawrence, Christine Prefontaine and Erika, along with Coil representatives including COO Gary Morris.

Further more, it was also a good way to keep the idea alive after meeting with Dance content maker and the founder of Ballet Rising, Casey Herd, In Amsterdam earlier this month.

With this being my first time at a technology based event, and surrounded by so many skilled engineers and programmers, I had the daunting task of talking about the challenges and barriers to monetising my own dance content. I also discussed the issues facing the wider challenges that I have observed and experienced across organisations on both sides of Production and Creation.

Using group think based tasks and collaborative discussion based idea sharing, the 3 hour conference flew buy, and I found the subject spilling over into the cocktail hour that followed; with the event connecting me with developers, programmers and those also new to the Coil based system that could change the face of the internet not only for good, but for the better.

Moving forwards, I feel in a great place to take my ideas and present them to my new community of GFTW ground level thinkers, and I am continuing to work away at constructing my own proposal concerning Dance, Creation, ILP based Monetisation and a new home for all three on a Coil Based Plaform… WATCH THIS SPACE!

2 Likes

:eyeglasses: We published a blog about MozFest Recap blog about our activities in London.

1 Like