Wine Blog: Points on Wine

Points on Wine is my journey around the world of wine as I taste over 600 wines per year and visit multiple wine regions from Australia, California, Italy, Oregon. Unlike most wine websites who charge a subscription, this project is completely self-funded and rely partly on web-monetization along with other sources of income. I will never charge a subscription and/or place ads on my site. I hope to bring new readers to the world of wine, along with introduce the world of wine to web-monetization and micro-payments.

Check out my journal: www.pointsonwine.com. If any readers are looking for me to visit new regions or write about new topics please let me know!
Thanks
Alex

2 Likes

Love it! Great example of the technology, streaming you money now as I plan my next wine vacation!

1 Like

The link to the Quebec wines page seems down

2 Likes

Thanks! I had a problem with the server of my other site, it should be back online soon. Thank you for spotting that!

Edit: Site backup!

1 Like

Hi, just curious: have you promoted Web Payments or Coil to your audience anywhere? Otherwise, how are they to learn of it? I didn’t find a mention of it on your about page or anywhere else on your site. Do you post new blog posts (full articles or just the link) to the explore page on Coil.com?

2 Likes

Great question! I post all of my tasting reports and blog posts on the Coil website. Also, whenever I release a new report I link my twitter feed to my coil account and not to my website. FB, IG are to my website. I will write an abstract about Coil on my site, this is a good point, and something I have been meaning to do…

1 Like

Just as a follow up, I wrote a fixed post on this subject: https://www.pointsonwine.com/coil

2 Likes